Are you a feline lover? Do you ever wonder why your cat does silly things? Well here are some fun facts about cats that you may find interesting.
- Cats can drink salty water, for their kidneys can filter out salt.
- Cats can not taste sweet, even though some like to eat cantaloupe and other tasty foods.
- Cat’s ear-hair keep debris out and directs sound.
- Your cat’s nose pattern is as unique as your fingerprint.
- A cat cannot see below its nose. So, at times if you put food under them, they may not see it and leave it lying there.
- Female cats are more likely to be right-pawed and male cats are left. Next time your cat reaches out to you, see what paw they use.
- Having your cat neutered will add 2 – 3 years to their life at least because they will not be out roaming.
- If your kitten sleeps a lot, that is because he or she is growing. Growing uses a lot of energy, they start to dream at 1 week of age.
- A female cat is called a Queen and a male is a Tom.
- Cats sweat through the pads on their feet.
- A cat purrs at the same rate as a diesel truck idling, and they are not the only animal that purrs. Squirrels, elephants, Lemus and Gorillas also “purr”.
Hope you enjoyed these fun facts! Stayed tuned for more in the upcoming months.
Written by Christine Attridge-Hardy, Practice Manager