We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Are you a dog owner with an over-active dog that you can’t seem to settle down? Or perhaps you have a cute little puppy that has all kinds of energy and you have run out of ideas on how to get them to relax. Maybe you work long hours and don’t want your four-legged friend to be cooped up in a crate all day. We have your answer! A trip to Doggie Daycare might be what they need. It is a great chance for your pet to socialize with other dog breeds, big and small. In addition, your pet will get one-on-one attention from other people as well.
At Clappison Animal Hospital we offer a Doggie Daycare service right here at the clinic! Country Tails Dog Daycare is open Monday to Friday from 7am to 7pm. Our regular guests range from Great Danes, Golden Retrievers, German Shepherds, Labrador Retrievers, and Giant Schnauzers, all the way to our small-sized friends such as Miniature Schnauzers, Jack Russell Terriers, Havaneses, Papillions and Doodles. Our facility features a large fenced area located at the back of the clinic, where your dog can run around all day with the other dogs and just have a lot of fun. We offer a consultation for newcomers to make sure that your pet gets along with the other dogs, along with two free start-up visits. We offer half and full days: half days are anything less than 5 hours, full days are anything over 5 hours. All of our Daycare visitors must be current on all of their vaccines, including Bordetella.
Summer time is our most popular season because we bring the wading pools out for our furry friends to stay cool, jump and splash around in. During the winter months our dogs play in our indoor facility with regular outings to the yard to romp in the snow as much as possible. We also have fun doing activities year-round, such as our popular Halloween costume contest, Christmas, Easter and Saint Patrick’s Day-themed photo days, not to mention our birthday celebrations. We love sending out daily photos of your pet’s stay with us so that you can get a sneak peak at all of the fun your dog is having.
Feel free to either email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us by phone at (905) 689-8005 to speak with our manager, Karleigh. She will be more than happy to speak with you and meet you and your furry friend.
There are many signs of dental disease such as tartar, gingivitis, bleeding, not eating. Sometimes your veterinarian can see a tooth that’s loose or that the enamel is damaged. The tricky part is that teeth are like little icebergs and much of the tooth is below the gum line.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
Last updated: Tuesday, May 19, 2020
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” and "drop off" policy to protect our clients and staff. We ask that you follow these steps: a. When you arrive, please remain outside and use your cell phone to call us at 905.689.8005. Please ensure your pet is either in a carrier or has a collar so that we can attach our leash. b. Once an exam room is ready, we will come to take your pet from you and into an exam room and call you to take a history and talk about any concerns. c. Once the exam is over we call you with our recommended treatment plan, we can then arrange to take payment over the phone. d. We will then bring your pet out to you.
2. We can now see all cases by appointment only.
3. The animal hospital is still OPEN with the following hours: Monday- Friday: 8:00am - 6pm Saturday: 9:00am - 1:00pm Sunday: Closed
4. Country Tails Doggie Daycare and our Grooming Salon reopen on Tuesday, May 19, 2020.
5. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
6. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
7. Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
8. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Clappison Animal Hospital