We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
What is like to answer the phone at Clappison Animal Hospital
February 28, 2014
Working as a receptionist at Clappison Animal Hospital, you never know what is going to be on the end of the line any time the phone rings. Whether it is as simple as booking an annual exam or an emergency on its way, client care rep has a few questions they need to ask. Although it may seem like we want to play the game “20 Questions”, the answers to these questions are key in allowing us to provide the upmost of care to your animal. When we ask all these questions, we are beginning triage process so that when you arrive to the clinic, our doctors are prepared and can treat your pet efficiently.
In addition to any phone calls coming in, reception is also responsible for caring for any individuals and their pets walking through our front doors. This includes patients coming in for appointments, clients coming in to buy supplies or coming in to pick-up medications. As you can imagine, the day can become very busy in a split second. All team members of Clappison Animal Hospital care deeply about each and every one of our patients and we do are very best to make sure we treat every pet as if they were our own. Please never hesitate to ask us any questions or concerns you may have!
There are many signs of dental disease such as tartar, gingivitis, bleeding, not eating. Sometimes your veterinarian can see a tooth that’s loose or that the enamel is damaged. The tricky part is that teeth are like little icebergs and much of the tooth is below the gum line.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Monday, March 23, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 905.689.8005. We will open the door and bring you and your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We ask 1 client per pet please. Once the examination is finished, the Doctor will either call you or come out to talk to you to discuss the treatment etc for your pet. For those who do not have a mobile phone, an easy knock at the door will work the same way!
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. The animal hospital is still OPEN with the following hours: Monday- Friday: 8:00am - 6pm, Saturday: 9:00am - 1:00pm, & Closed on Sundays.
4. Country Tails Doggie Daycare and our Grooming Salon are closed until further notice.
5. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
6. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
7. Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
8. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Clappison Animal Hospital